Saturday, June 5, 2010

The MBA Oath

With my MBA degree,  I solemnly recognise my role in the Singapore society, not many years left though....

•My purpose is to lead people and manage staff and resources to create better value that no single one can create alone.
•My decisions could affect the well-being of individuals and staff inside and outside my organization, today as well as the future.

I shall, therefore, carry out my duty within my ability  :

•I will manage my organization with sincerity and honesty, and will not advance my personal interests at the expense of my organization or the public society.
•I will understand and uphold, in good spirit, the laws and contracts governing my conduct and that of my organization.
•I will refrain from corruption, unfair competition, bias judgement, partiality or business practices harmful to society.
•I will protect the staff rights and dignity of all people affected by my organization, and I will reject any discrimination and exploitation.
•I will protect the right of future generations to advance their standard of living and enjoy a healthy world.
•I will report the performance and risks of my organization accurately.
•I will invest in developing myself and others, helping the management profession continue to advance and create sustainable and inclusive prosperity.

In exercising my professional duties according to these principles, I recognise that my behaviour have to set an example of integrity, eliciting trust and esteem from those I serve or to serve. I will remain accountable to my peers and to the organization as well as society for my actions and for upholding those standards.

This oath, I make freely and upon my esteem honour and dignity.

No comments: